Exercise 1.4.4: Creating an Elevator
In this exercise, students will learn how to:
- Place an elevator component.
- Add walls to enclose the elevator.
- Cut an elevator shaft that spans all levels.
- Provide openings in the shaft walls to access the elevator at each floor.
- Place the Electric_Lift elevator component in the studio near the stair placed in an earlier exercise.
- Add 6" (0.15 m) generic walls to the first and second floors as needed to enclose the elevator with shaft walls.
- Use the Shaft Opening tool to cut an opening from the first floor to the roof within the shaft walls and place wall openings on the south shaft wall to provide access to the elevator.
- Add a guardrail at the edge of the second floor slab between the west exterior wall and the new elevator shaft walls. Use the view Second Floor – Elevator to see the progression of the elevator.
Finished elevator with opening in shaft wall