Exercise 1.1.1: Modeling Exterior and Interior Walls
In this exercise, students will learn how to:
- Create walls by picking their location line and sketching them in a plan view.
- Change the orientation of walls that have been placed.
- Continue adding exterior and interior walls to the building model shown in the video tutorial, using the underlay drawing as a guide to determine their location.
- Open the Ground Floor plan view.
- Create new exterior walls using the Generic 8" (.20 m) wall type. Place the walls by setting the location line to Finish Face:Exterior and tracing the outer edge of the walls shown in the underlay drawing.
- Add new interior walls using the Generic 3" (.08 m) wall type. Place the walls by setting the location line to either the Finish Face:Exterior or Finish Face:Interior and tracing the corresponding edge of the walls shown in the underlay drawing.